Mondays at the Mission: Ep 9 – Connect Opens Next Week!
We’re now less than one week away from launching Connect, a brand new program to help homeless women get off the streets of Portland and into housing and jobs.
Watch Executive Director Eric Bauer explain the program below!
Facts About Homeless Women:
- The fastest growing demographic of homelessness? Women and children.
- Services for homeless women in Portland are extremely lacking.
- Our Connect program has room for 16 women at one time
- We’re also opening a dayroom for more homeless women to come in off the streets and engage in meaningful, positive activities.
- They need YOUR help. Scroll down to see the ways you can help this new program hit the ground running.
What You Can Do To Help Homeless Women:
- Volunteer! Find a time in your schedule that works for you (anywhere from 1x a week to 1x a month) and fill out our volunteer application here.
- Give. Play a vital role in keeping this program successfully running by signing up for a recurring monthly donation. Simply designate the gift to go toward “Women and children’s recovery.”
- Pray. Keep these women in your thoughts and prayers as they navigate this crucial stage of their lives!