Mondays at the Mission: Ep 10 – Connect Opens TODAY!
Connect opens today! For the first time in 65 years, we’re able to offer a program to help homeless women transition from life on the streets into independent housing and employment.
Watch Connect program manager Judy Turley explain the program below!
- Program has space for up to 16 women at one time
- 24 hour facility – we’re available and staffed to serve the women at all times
- 90-day program: a quick turnaround from the streets to employment/housing
- Each woman will have a case manager assisting them
- It’s not a recovery treatment facility but no drug use is allowed in the program
- Women in the program will give back by helping serve meals
- Orientation at 11am on Mondays/Wednesdays for women interested in joining Connect
- We are committed to assisting these women in life skills, job acquisition, legal resolutions and educational needs!
Volunteer! We’re looking for helpers to…
- Conduct life, recovery and discipleship groups. We’d like to have two life groups available as soon as possible.
- Engage women in conversation, listen to their stories, and pray with them.
- Share their hobbies and skills with the women! We’d love to have a variety of creative activities for the women to participate in, so let us know what you’d like to do with them!
Not available to volunteer? Financial gifts keep us running. Consider making a monthly donation to help homeless men and women find hope.